Saturday, November 03, 2007

Broken Knee....

I was involved in a direct collision with a team mate last Thursday night which resulted in a non diplaced fracture of the patella - aka my knee cap. I can not walk on it for two weeks at least. After two weeks I will still be in a brace, that helps support the leg giving the knee a chance to heal. I consider myself lucky that I didn't tear any ligaments and the doc thinks my cartilage is fine. We'll know for sure in two weeks.

With winter fast approaching and snow about to fall I was worried I'll miss out snowboarding this year entirely but I hope I'll be back to normal by the end of January.

I'm walking around on crutches now. Even making a cup of tea requires a massive amount of effort, as any weight I put on the leg causes me to wince with pain. The night I came home after the injury I nearly passed out from climbing up the steps to my house.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about the knee Shaner. By the way send me an email address for you. The hotmail one keeps bouncing back. Talk to you soon. D

1:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counter
Free Counter