Friday, August 18, 2006

Inlaws, iPods & Boise, Idaho


Lisa's Mum and step-father arrived yesterday afternoon. The weather couldn't have been better and Seattle was looking prestine for their first visit. They managed to stay up until 9 o'clock which was amazing considering their journey started at 4 a.m. - U.K. time! We've got plenty to do over the two weeks they are here. It's great to see them and just to have visitors!

We were given an iPod and I must say, I love it. Now I know there are a lot mp3 player fanatics out there and I have no doubt they are better, but this is my first experience with either. I'm really impressed with the sound through the earphones that come with it. Listening to songs I haven't heard in years is so refreshing. Now I want the car adaptor and home stereo gadgets....

So I went to a film festival in Boise, Idaho. It was the last thing I wanted to do last weekend to be honest, but it ended up not being too bad and I met some great young filmmakers who are working on great independent films. Nice to see many of them shooting on 16mm film which is my favorite format. It was more of a P.R. thing for my company as we are the closest lab to Boise. It was nice though, being back in the high desert. I had these pre-conceived notions that it was going to be red-neck Bush country but it was quite the opposite. If only the rest of the world could see the good side of the country...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counter
Free Counter