Thursday, September 22, 2005

Shano plays Seattle

Played at an open mike last night with my friend Brian over on Capitol Hill. Brian took to the stage first and played one of his tunes from his last band and then a cover of 'Here Comes A Regular', one of my favourite Paul Westerberg ballads. Brian's like me, gets it when it comes to music but worn out from bands and years of lugging gear and playing in stinky bars. Then it was my turn - I played an old Carwash song that originated fron the days of Peach when Greg was our drummer. It sounds good on an acoustic. Then I played a cover of The Only One's 'Another Girl, Another Planet' which also sounds great an an acoustic. Of course no-one knew who or what song it was. Except Brian.

We then took a tour of Brian's old 'hood / skateboarding ground and ended up in a good old fashioned smoke stained bar. And yes, they can still smoke in bars up here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counter
Free Counter