Friday, July 29, 2005

Well, today I officially became a Washington State resident. After three weeks of browsing over the drivers handbook and fretting over the possibility of failing the multiple choice questionnaire, I arrived at the driving test center to learn I didn't even have to take a written test providing my California license checked out. Bybye California I.D. / drivers license, hello Washington state! To think I drove on that license in Ireland for 4 years! Why?... at the time of my last inquiry the waiting list for a driving test in Dublin was 13 months! And I was meant to put 'L' plates on the car while I waited for the test! Fuck that! "Sorry Guard, I'm on da waitin' list. You know what it's like, the waiting list is over a year, ya know yourself like!" Guard, "But where are your 'L' plates?"

Why care about residency?, one word - VOTE.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counter
Free Counter