Monday, June 16, 2008

Euro 2008 - help!

Although I am blessed with the ability to watch at least half the games live without Budweiser commercials, I feel compelled to share the fact that America's interest in the greatest tournament in the footy world - outside of the world cup - amounts to the babes of Euro 2008.

That's why I turn my reading attention to the brit papers and the Guardian in particular where I found this amusing article.

I have also pledged my full support to Croatia, who's manager Slavan Blic passes his time by playing guitar in a Croation metal band. The Dutch are playing some nice football though, the only team in fact that seems capable of playing beautiful passing football. They may have had some luck but as Andy Gray will tell you, you make your own luck in football. That said, we've been blessed with Andy Gray supplying commentary over here in ESPN. I can't tell you how refreshing it is having someone who know the game and is not a reject from Britain and Ireland who couldn't get a job back home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counter
Free Counter