Tuesday, May 02, 2006


Tribeca Film Festival - NY

My first jaunt in the film festival world found me in New York at the Tribeca Festival. As Alpha Cine was one of the sponsors, Tribeca put me up in a super swanky hotel - the Millenium Hilton. My room was on the 33rd floor. I got there as the sun was setting and marvelled at the view out my window for a couple of minutes. Something didn't feel quite right at the time, as if something was missing. Sure enough I looked down and below me was 'the pit', Ground Zero itself. Like a gaping hole in a giants gums (click picture above). The Tribeca film festival came about directly after 9/11 in order to bring back a sense of community to that part of New York that was hit so hard.

My days were filled trudging from screening to screening and from meetings to film launch party's all over Manhattan. As we go primarily for documentaries I got to see a number of really good films. I started the ball rolling on a deal for us and the film "The War Tapes". This will be a great score if we get it as this film is going to do really well.

New York is such a great city, especially Manhattan. There was a massive war protest last Saturday. It brought the city to a standstill. If only the rest of the world could see the passion and resentment towards the current regime. It's a shame the media won't show you the real story. Okay, I'll stop before I go off on a rant!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counter
Free Counter